Absence makes the heart grow fonder… I hope!
Wow, where on earth have the last few weeks gone?! I woke up yesterday and realised it has been weeks since I’ve posted, literally weeks. Aside from a few random dinners I’ve hardly even seen the inside of the kitchen which is pretty unusual for me. I’ve elected not to feel guilty about it though, life’s way too short and with the weekend coming up, I should have plenty of opportunities to get creative. Right?!
In the meantime though I’d like to make a special mention to the gorgeous Carla Sue over at eat sweet. She has the cutest blog and was kind enough to nominate me for The Versatile Blogger Award (a number of weeks ago now…. my bad). Thank you Carla Sue! It is always an honour to be nominated by a fellow blogger, makes it seem all the more worth while.
The idea behind The Versatile Blogger Award is that it allows you to recognise other blogs that you love plus gives your readers an opportunity to get to know you a little bit better. Essentially the rules are that you thank the blogger who nominated you with a link back to their blog, list 7 things about yourself and pick 10-15 blogs you adore. So here goes:
- My ultimate dream job would be to become a novelist. House in the country, fresh air and plenty of creative thinking time. Either that or I would live in New York. Complete opposites, I know!
- Second dream job would be as a food stylist. God knows why I bothered doing six years of law at uni.
- I have grand ambitions to buy a gorgeous place in Sydney just so I can create my own perfect kitchen.
- I love, love, love New York but am yet to visit Europe. Epic fail that I am planning on rectifying early next year. Italy must be on the agenda, just think of the food.
- I am currently doing a photography course and am loving it. My camera is so much smarter than I thought!
- I’m a total Apple girl, the old PC doesn’t even come close.
- My drink of choice has to be gin. Bombay Sapphire if you don’t mind.
Now for the fun bit, nominating some of the amazing blogs that I have come to love over the last year:
- [existential detective]
- snappystreet photography
- Cookie’s, cakes and bakes
- A Contented Cook
- Kitty’s Dolceforno
- Books, cupcakes and cats
- Sharing the food we love
I recommend you check these talented bloggers out, they are all pretty damn amazing and regularly provide me with lots of inspiration. Recipes are back in a couple of days, stay tuned!